I just love almond milk! Its neutral, yet creamy taste is perfect for anything from drinking it on its own, to adding in in smoothies, oats, chia puddings, bars, desserts, coffee, any dish really!
You can use this method with really any nut, oats or even coconut meat!
1 cup almonds
4 cups water
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 dates (optional)
1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- Soak the almonds and dates if you are using them overnight
- Drain them and place in the food processor with the water, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Process well and then drain the almond pulp from the milk and store for a week.
- How to drain: use a strainer over a funnel, placed on a bottle. Pour the milk in the funnel and with a spoon drain the pulp.
- You can use the pulp to make cookies, bars or energy balls.