Let’s be honest: everyone, or almost everyone, in the world loves chocolate! And chocolate truffles! So why not make healthy versions of them?! So they are a guilt free indulgence for those times in need! And you just need 4 ingredients!
for the chocolates:
250 gr dark chocolate
1/2 can coconut milk
1/2 cup chopped toasted almonds
for the coating:
200 gr chocolate
1 tbsp coconut oil
- Chop the chocolate into small pieces and melt it in a ben-mari.
- Boil the coconut milk and add it to the melted chocolate
- Add the toasted almonds
- Leave the mixture in the fridge for a couple of hours
- When the mix is firm, take a tea spoon and form small chocolate balls
- Put them in a tray with parchment paper and in the freezer or fridge again for a while
- In the meantime, prepare your coating by melting the chocolate in a ben mari again, adding the coconut oil so it becomes more runny. If the chocolate over heats it will become hard so be careful. Don’t worry though if that happens because you can make it liquid again by simply adding water.
- Dip the balls in the coating and place them back on your tray with the parchment paper.
- You need to put them back in the fridge until the coating is hard.