While I was making these cookies I was thinking about how to indulge kids! I think it’s a common issue between mums: how to get their kids to eat healthier snacks. So i tried to combine healthy, nutritious and delicious into these cookies.
Of course is not only for kids, but for adults as well! Great to have in hand as an indulgence healthy snack or breakfast!
(makes around 12 cookies)
2 cups oats
1/4 cup uncooked quinoa (so you get 1/2 cup when you cook it)
1/2 cup peanut butter (or any other nut butter you prefer)
2 tbsp coconut oil
4 tbsp maple syrup (or agave)
1/2 cup raisins or dried cranberries
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup chopped walnuts (or almonds)
2 tbsp chia seeds
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
- Preheat the over to 180 degrees and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Cook the quinoa with 1 cup of water
- Make your ‘eggs’: in a small bowl put the chia seeds with 6 tbsp of water and let them for 10 minutes so they form a gel
- Blend one cup of oats into a flour
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl (oats, carrots, quinoa, cinnamon, baking powder and soda, walnuts, raisins or cranberries)
- In another bowl mix the rest of the ingredients (peanut butter, coconut oil, chia seeds and syrup) until they are well mixed.
- Add the peanut butter mix in the dry ingredients and mix well until all dry ingredients are coated.
- With a tablespoon scoop some mixture and make small cookies.
- Cook for around 20 minutes or a bit less if you see them becoming brown.
- Let them cool and enjoy!