I think that a nice, moist piece of carrot cake was always one of my favourite, most comforting and satisfying sweets. So, I woke up the other day and I was determine to enjoy it once again – so I had to make the vegan version of it. And voila!
I hope you enjoy every piece of it as much as I did!
½ cup flour
¾ cup oat flour (just place the oats in a food processor and make the flour)
½ cup coconut sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon powder
a pinch of nutmeg
2 tbsp flax seeds + 6 tbsp water (to make the flax egg: mix them and leave them for 10-15 mins)
1 cup shredded carrots
¾ cup coconut milk
⅓ cup chopped walnuts
⅓ cup raisins
1 cup cashews (soaked overnight or if you forget this step, soak them in boiling water for 3-4 hours)
1/2 cup coconut milk
some acave syrup
a pinch of cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
- Peel and grate the carrots.
- In a bowl mix the dry ingredients(the flour, oat flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon powder, nutmeg, walnuts and raisins).
- Add the flax eggs, carrots coconut milk to the bowl and mix until well combined.
- Grease the cake pan with some oil and pour the batter into the pan.
- Bake for about 25 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool down completely.
- To make the frost: mix all the ingredients in a food processor and blend until it becomes smooth.
- When your cake is completely cooled, cover it with the frosting and enjoy!