Ever since i remember i’ve had a thing for blueberry muffins. And carrot cake… but that’s a different post!
There is something in baked blueberries that really does it for me, and admittedly i had missed them now that i’m off dairy and eggs.
So, last Saturday afternoon i decided to put this recipe together and finally enjoy my afternoon coffee with a muffin… or two … or three …. you get the drift!
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 2-3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 flax seeds egg (1 tablespoon ground flax + 3 tablespoons water, whisk together, set for 15 mins)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup oats
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries, washed and dried
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and line a muffin tin.
- Put the wet ingredients in a food processor and blend together.
- Add the dry ingredients.
- Transfer the mixture in a bowl and fold in blueberries.
- Scoup the mixture in your muffin tin and bake for around 20 minutes.