These muffins are such a great comfort food for you – healthy and delicious! I literally could not stop eating them when they were ready!
You can have them as breakfast or as a snack – on their own or topped with marmalade, coconut yoghurt or cream, any nut butter of your choice.
1 big carrot, peeled and grated
1 big apple, peeled and grated
220 ml coconut milk
1 tbsp chia seeds
1 flax seeds egg (mix 1 tbsp flaxseeds meal and 3 tbsp water, leave it for 15mins )
4 tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp cinnamon (optional: and some nutmeg)
3 tbsp shredded coconut
1 tsp baking powder
1. Preheat the oven at 160C.
2. Mix all dry ingredients together.
3. Mix all the wet ingredients together.
4. Pour the wet ingredients in the dry and mix well.
5. With a tablespoon place mixture in your muffin baking tray and bake for about 30-35 minutes.
6. After your take them out of the oven, leave them to cool and enjoy.