I have a confession to make: I am totally crazy about superfood powders! I love reading about them, trying them, feeling their benefits! Here are some of my favourite ones and I hope you give them a try:
- Maca powder: maybe the one closest to my heart, due to its caramel taste! It is a rich source of vitamins, minerals, enzymes, amino acids and antioxidants. It’s reported that use of it increases energy levels and stamina, as well as mental energy. Another benefit is that it boosts the mood! Use it in smoothies (it’s divine with coffee, peanut butter, cinnamon, bananas) and in energy balls or bars.
- Hemp powder: my favourite source for plant-based protein! If you’re looking to increase your protein intake from a natural and vegan source, then hemp protein powder just might be the perfect choice for you. It is also loaded with healthy omega fatty acids and fiber. It doesn’t stop there — hemp has also been shown to improve fatigue and have positive effects on the immune system. Use it in smoothies or bars or even soups and juices!
- Matcha powder: is packed with antioxidants, boosts metabolism and burns calories, calms the mind and relaxes the body, is rich in fiber, chlorophyll and vitamins,enhances mood and aids in concentration, is a good source of vitamin C, selenium, chromium, zinc and magnesium, lowers cholesterol and blood sugar. Are you convinced to try it yet??!! It’s super great as a latte or as a chocolate and matcha bar! I’ve also tried matcha ice cream lately and it’s simply divine!
- Moringa powder: it’s beginning to gain more popularity for its highly nutritious profile and powerful anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and tissue-protective properties among many other health benefits. It contains significant amounts of vitamin A, C, and E, calcium, potassium and protein. It has a ‘green’ ‘earthy’ flavour so maybe you want to disguise it in smoothies or juices.
- Lucuma powder: has many healthy benefits when added to your favourite food or beverage. In addition to satisfying your sweet tooth, so you can use it as a sugar substitute, lucuma is gluten-free and a source of antioxidants, fiber, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals necessary for bodily functions and of benefit to the immune system.
- Raw Cacao powder: good news for chocolate lovers, like moi! Cacao can improve your memory, increase your bliss, reduce heart disease, shed fat, boost immunity, and create loads of energy. Add it …. well EVERYWHERE! OK, maybe not in soups!
Enjoy using them!