This recipe has some of my favourite ingredients! It’s so healthy and hearty and delicious, I can have it every day! It’s perfect for lunch or dinner or as a side, packed with protein, vitamins and minerals.
Quinoa: one of the healthiest foods, has all the essential amino acids, great source of protein, iron and fiber, to name a few. I think you can eat quinoa every day, it is so versatile and healthy it’s a shame not to!It’s also gluten free, for those that don’t eat gluten.
Buckwheat: with it’s nutty taste makes it such an interesting ingredient in really savoury or sweet recipes! It’s gluten free, high in fiber, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. So go ahead and try it!
Avocados: rich in vitamins such as K, E, C and minerals. And let’s face it, it’s so tasty and creamy!
Asparagus: good source of vitamin K, contains anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
Tomatoes: great source of vitamin C, antioxidants and other nutrients.
Tahini (if you choose it as your dressing): high in irons and other minerals.
1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
1/2 cup uncooked buckwheat
a few cherry tomatoes
1 avocado, cut in pieces
8 frozen asparagus ( i used Ardo brand from Foodsaver stores)
2 tbsp tahini
salt and pepper to taste
1. Start by cooking the quinoa and buckwheat with 2 cups of water and some lemon juice
2. Preheat the oven at 190 degrees and bake the asparagus with some olive oil, for around 15 minutes. When they are cooked cut them in pieces.
3. Cut your cherry tomatoes and mix with the avocado.
4. Mix your tahini with lemon so you have your dressing. Alternatively, you can have olive oil and balsamic vinegar as a dressing.
5. When the quinoa and buckwheat are ready, let them cool and then mix all ingredients together and enjoy!