Granola bars have always been my weakness when it comes to snacking. I just didn’t want the sugar the store bought ones have. So, I made this recipe, so i could enjoy my granola bars without guilt. These bars are so delicious and hearty, you can eat them as breakfast or snack. I also like the fact that they are softer than what you would expect from a granola bar.
- 2 cups oats
- ½ cup coconut flakes
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- a pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup raisins
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flax + 6 tablespoons water, let set for 5 mins)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ⅓ cup agave syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Line baking pan or tray with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, put together all of the dry ingredients and whisk.
- In another bowl, whisk together all of the wet ingredients: flax eggs, coconut oil, nut butter, agave and vanilla until well combined.
- Pour the wet mixture over the dry mixture. Fold until well combined.
- Pour into the tray or pan and spread it evenly.
- Refrigerate the mixture for 1 hour or overnight.
- Cut it into bars or squares and enjoy!