Granola has always been one of my favourite foods. It’s nutritious, delicious and filling. I love blending it with almost everything, anytime of the day! It’s great with fruit, yoghurt, ice cream or just plain milk (if you eat dairy), nut mouse or milk!
1 cup walnuts
2 cups oats
1 cup raisins
3/4 cup pumpkin seeds
3/4 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup flaxseeds
5 tbsp coconut oil
5 tbsp maple syrup
4-5 tbsp cinnamon
3/4 cup coconut flakes (optional)
- Place the walnuts in a food processor and pulse until they are partially crushed (or cut into small pcs)
- In a bowl mix the walnuts, oats and seeds.
- Combine the coconut oil, maple syrup and cinnamon and heat for just 1 minute so they are well combined.
- Pour the liquid in the walnut mix and mix together.
- Bake the mix in a preheat oven at 180 degrees for 30 minutes or until it is crunchy. You will have to stir it every 10 minutes so the whole mixture is well cooked and you don’t burn the top.
- If you are adding the coconut flakes do so 5 minutes before the cooking is done.
- Once it is cooked, wait until it gets cold and then add the raisins and store!